Caffinated Stitcher
Yesterday while I was over at River City Quilts picking up the Bistro fabric that I mentioned in one of my other posts, they had this beautiful quilt hanging up. I inquired about it and was told it was a block of the month. I went all of the way home with that beautiful quilt on my mind and ended up going back to pick up the first 6 months worth of charts and fabrics :))) I am by no means a "quilter", but I think I will really enjoy working on this. It is so much more beautiful in person than in this pic! There are three color ranges you can choose for this quilt...I chose the Traditional theme. Here is the link to the Thimbleberries website.


Fabrics used in the "Traditional" quilt. Here's a list of the amount of fabrics needed for each section.

Cheater panel....I love the idea of this!! It really does add so much to the finished quilt.

My first two squares!!!! I felt like I did well until I looked at the finished product really good and noticed that the stripes in my neutral fabric are not all going the same way :( Oh well....I will keep a sharp eye now and make sure it doesn't happen any more. I may re-do these two squares at a later date.

I found it a little difficult to find a shop that carries all three color ranges, but finally found a great online shop that has all of them and great service too! Just type in 3's Company in the search box and it will take you to everything available.

I intend to just take my time and have fun with this project!
0 Responses

Post a Comment