Caffinated Stitcher
Woohoo.......I "finally" received The Simple Things by Blackbird Designs Saturday afternoon and all of the goodies to get started on it :) This leaflet also includes the second installment of their 2009 sewing accessories series...a very cute pincushion that uses the same trim as the Peacock Pincushion that I finished recently...love it! I have plently of the trim left over, so I won't need to make more right now.



I couldn't wait to get started....so here's my progress for the first day of stitching. I just LOVE those loooong birds!!!! I think they are what really caught my attention first on this design :) I know, I haven't finished my needlebook as of yet, but who could resist those birds...lol!



I think I have become a Blackbird Designs "junkie". I mean look at the beautiful quilt I came across while searching for more designs I'd like to stitch....I have plans to purchase this book in the near future and hope I can work on the quilt you see here! As I've mentioned before, I'm not a quilter, but I'd definitely like to give this a try :))) Isn't it just beautiful!?! And those colors are just perfect for my tastes. The book this quilt is from is called Birds Of A Feather.


Happy stitching everyone!
4 Responses
  1. Nina Says:

    Wow!! New BBD :) I didn't see this yet. Looks very pretty!! Enjoy stitching :)



  2. Alma Allen Says:

    Nina,

    Love your peacock pinkeep. You did a fantastic job with the finishing too. Love your blog set-up. I need to contact you for help!!!


  3. Thank you very much! I found the template for the blog by searching for blogger templates. They tell you how to set them up too or I'd be lost :)

    Carol


Post a Comment