Caffinated Stitcher
I haven't so much as picked up a needle or done any type of sewing for several days now....but I do have some more planned wip's coming up. I've just ordered the four designs below and I'm just waiting for them to come in :) And..... I also went by River City Quilts and picked up the next three months for the Thimbleberries BOTM Club yesterday. I know, just what I need....more wip's, but who can resist? :))


Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia

I'm very glad to see this style of mermaid back.....the last couple have been nice, but not quite like the earlier ones that are more "my" style. And I love that she can be positioned to look like she is swimming to the bottom of the ocean or to the side. I went yesterday and picked up the DMC floss for her. Can you believe that Hobby Lobby's thread prices have now gone up to $.35 a skein!!!! A couple of weeks ago they were $.30 at my local store. I know some people pay more, but I'm not used to it. I guess for the most part I will be relying on sales for the thread in the future. I just received word this morning from ABC Stitch that she is swimming her way to me now....wooohooo!!



It's Berry Time by Blackbird Designs

The 2009 Loose Feathers Club continues with a very sweet sampler and the cutest strawberry pincushion. I'm anxious to get my chart and see how it was constructed since I've never made one of them before. My threads and chart are ordered, but I haven't decided if I will use the required fabric or something just a touch darker....decisions, decisions. I only have half of The Simple Things finished, so I will try to get some stitching time in today and see about getting that finished up soon along with the pinkeep.



Sirens of the Sea by Just Nan

I found a great E-Bay deal on this just this morning...$14.40 total. It was on sale and there was no shipping charge added....love it! This isn't my usual type of stitching, although Just Nan's designs are quite beautiful and I have quite a few of them on hand (and some wip's)....I love the stitching mermaids on this particular piece. I haven't ordered any materials for this one yet and I think I will wait to pull all of the necessary colors before I look at fabrics. I think though that something with sparkle would be lovely. Look at that whale on top...too cute!!



Where My Heart Blooms by Blackbird Designs

This is not a new design, but I loved it the moment I saw it and have ordered everything necessary to start stitching it....I'm just waiting for the linen and threads to get here. Aren't those birds the sweetest?!!!

On another note, I watched one of the sweetest and sadest movies yesterday. It's called A Walk To Remember. The movie is based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks and was just an absolutely wonderful love story about two high school kids. Of course, I couldn't make it though the movie without tears and couldn't help thinking that that is the way it should be.

Until later....happy stitching!!

Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Nina Says:

    Beautiful plans!! I love the BBD pattern, especially this new one Berry time! How lovely!
    The Mirabilia is wonderful, I have a plan to stitch A midsummer's night fairy in the future ;)


Post a Comment