Caffinated Stitcher
I don't know if I mentioned before that I decided to buy all three colorways for this fabulous quilt!! What a HUGE task I set for myself…lol! So I decided that I had better get going on the work ahead since I have three times to do :) I have ripped apart and restarted so many times that I could have one half way done by now….it’s so important to read and read again!! All of those numbers start running together for me after a while. I ran into some problems with the precut pieces as well…some of them were just a little too small, which presented problems in the overall measurements, so I don’t think I will go that route again. I found things went better when I cut the pieces myself. All in all I did enjoy spending the last two days working on the quilt and seeing my squares come together :)

This is Block #1 in the Light colorway: I cut the upper square the wrong size, so will have to wait until my fabric comes in to make the three smaller squares that go with this…..but most of my points turned out well and all of the background fabric is going in the same direction....that's progress :)



I skipped ahead to Block #6 in the Light colorway so I could work with those lovely green and purple fabrics. They are very pretty in person :) I managed to get all four squares done with no major mishaps on my part. I did have some precut pieces that were smaller than they should have been, but I think that they can fit into the quilt ok when it’s time to put them all together.




I did manage to get Block #2 in the Light colorway cut out before I called it quits for the day, so hopefully I can get that put together tomorrow :) I feel like I’m making progress now……
Happy Stitching!
2 Responses
  1. Nina Says:

    You are so talented! I cannot sew so this is wonderful for me. Amazing work!


  2. Thank you Nina! It's been a long time since I've done this type of sewing and I'm very much enjoying it :)


Post a Comment